Gnocchi with creamy mushroom sauce
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain, cool and mash.
- Mix 1 cup (250 ml) of the mashed potatoes with the flour and egg.
- Knead the dough into a ball.
- Roll out portions of the dough into long cylinders. Cut into half-inch thick rounds.
- Mark each gnocchi ball with a fork or roll on a gnocchi board. Set aside.
CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium and brown the mushrooms. Add the garlic and shallot. Cook 1 more minute.
- Mix in the flour (to thicken the sauce, if desired) and deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the Natrel Lactose Free 3.25% and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water until they float.
- Reduce the sauce until the desired consistency. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Add drained gnocchi to the creamy mushroom sauce. Stir to coat and serve.