Heavenly Dark Chocolate Mousse
A light and airy dark chocolate mousse, perfect for summertime desserts on the patio.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. (To melt chocolate in the microwave, heat it for 30 seconds and stir well, then heat and stir in 15-second increments until melted.)
- In a saucepan, bring dark chocolate milk to a simmer, then pour into the melted chocolate. Whisk until combined.
- Add the egg yolk to the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- While still mixing, slowly add in the sugar. Beat until firm and shiny peaks form.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture and beat with a whisk until mixture lightens.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the rest of the egg white mixture into the chocolate.
- Pour mousse into 6 serving dishes and cool in the fridge for 2 hours, until set.