Hoisin-Glazed Cornish Hens with Ginger-Garlic Gravy
- In a bowl, combine Natrel Lactose Free 2% and lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes. This will turn the Natrel Lactose Free into buttermilk.
- Add the Chinese five-spice and stir to combine.
- Place the hens in a large re-sealable bag and pour in Natrel Lactose Free mixture. Marinate in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Once the hens are marinated, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Pat the marinated hens dry and place them in a shallow pan. Stuff each hen with a clementine half.
- Brush a thick coat hoisin sauce on the hens, making sure each of them is completely covered. Place in the oven and cook for 45 to 60 minutes, reapplying glaze about every 20 minutes, until the birds are of an amber hue.
- Top with roasted garlic flakes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with two or three tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine chicken stock, ginger, garlic and pan juices. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cornstarch slurry and cook for another two minutes.
- Add cream, and cook until the mixture has thickened.