Jalapeño Popper Mac & Cheese with Boursin – Week 26: Gluten-free
Are you a fan of jalapeño poppers—those bite-sized jalapeño peppers stuffed with a mixture of cheese or ground meat and coated in a light, crisp breading?
For this week’s Gluten-Free theme, I made some delicious snacks that are crispy on the outside and deliciously melt-in-your mouth on the inside.
With marinara on the side, these jalapeño peppers stuffed with creamy Mac & Cheese are made from Boursin and Il Villaggio Parmesan and coated in a light, crisp rice flour breading. They’ll keep them coming back for more!
This simple yet delicious recipe can be prepared in advance and is a real crowd-pleaser.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and shallot.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in Boursin and parmesan, then pasta.
- Preheat oil in the fryer to 350ºF (180ºC). Stuff peppers with mac & cheese. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix breading ingredients and dip stuffed peppers into the mixture.
- Fry peppers until golden brown.