Lactose free pistachio and salted caramel brownies
This delicious pistachio and salted caramel brownie recipe is easy to make. You’ll be delighted to discover how the salted caramel, pistachios and chocolate form a tasty trio in this dessert. Fan of (very) sweet desserts? This recipe’s for you! Alongside a big glass of Natrel Lactose Free, these soft yet crunchy brownies are simply fabulous.
SALTED CARAMEL PREPARATION
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil without stirring until the mixture turns an amber colour. Remove from heat and gradually mix in the lactose free butter and fleur de sel. Continue to stir. When mixture is smooth, add the lactose free cream. Bring to a boil again until caramel is smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a microwave, melt the chocolate and lactose free butter together. Stir well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until mixture turns pale. Once the mixture is smooth, stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Gradually add the flour and salt.
- Generously butter a 9-inch square pan. Pour brownie mixture into pan. Using your fingers, sprinkle a few pistachios over the brownies. Drizzle with 2 to 3 tbsp. of the salted caramel.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
- Remove brownies from pan and drizzle generously with the rest of the salted caramel. Cut into squares and enjoy!