Mac & Cheese with Garlic, Grilled Romaine Lettuce, and Il Villaggio Parmesan – Week 34: Caesar
If you’re a Caesar salad lover like me, you won’t be able to resist this Mac & Cheese.
For this week’s Caesar theme, I wanted to make a Mac & Cheese inspired by the famous salad.
A velvety sauce made from Il Villaggio Parmesan and anchovies with grilled romaine and topped with garlic croutons and more Il Villaggio Parmesan—what more could you ask for?
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place lettuce halves on a baking sheet.
- Garnish with the zest of 1 lemon, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until lettuce is tender and starts to brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add anchovies and flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in half the cheese, followed by the pasta. Pour into a baking dish and cover with the rest of the cheddar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with grilled lettuce, croutons, the other half of grated parmesan and the zest of the other lemon. Season with salt and pepper.