Mac & Cheese with Prosciutto, Arugula, and Le Superbe Gruyère – Week 30: Tuscany
This week’s Tuscany theme got me reminiscing about my trip to Italy, with its charming hillside inns, friendly and hospitable people, and obviously, the simple yet oh-so-tasty cuisine.
So I decided to make a Mac & Cheese inspired by the flavours of Italy, in a creamy Le Superbe Gruyère sauce and garnished with prosciutto, arugula, and Parmesan.
Served with roasted garlic bread slathered with juicy crushed tomatoes, this dish is both delicious and festive.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Add half the Gruyère and Parmesan, followed by the pasta. Pour into a baking dish, cover with the rest of the cheeses and the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Top with prosciutto, arugula, and Parmesan shavings.
- Serve with roasted garlic bread slathered with juicy crushed tomatoes.