Maple jam is delicious on waffles or pancakes for breakfast or on toast for a little snack. Try it with berries and ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- In a small cup, mix 2 tbsp of partly skimmed maple milk with the baking soda. Set aside.
- Pour the whipping cream and the rest of the maple milk into a large saucepan. Add the sugar and the maple syrup, stirring with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the maple milk and baking soda mixture.
- Return to stovetop over medium heat. Stirring constantly, cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the mixture is thick and has a caramel colour. The jam should coat the spoon. The longer the jam is cooked, the more flavourful, dark and thick it becomes.
- Pour into a jar and let cool completely before putting the lid on. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe developed by Janice Lawandi of the blog Kitchen Heals Soul.