The great taste of fresh milk comes through in these tarts. They make a satisfying dessert with their tasty sweetness and notes of cinnamon and vanilla. I love to eat them during a winter afternoon after an outdoor activity with the family, when everyone needs a little comfort. These creamy and spicy tarts will bring smiles all around at snack time.
- Preheat to 400°F (200°C).
- Divide the pastry into 10 balls. Roll out each one on a floured work surface and place them in tart moulds.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the bottoms are nicely golden.
- In a saucepan, add the milk and cinnamon sticks. Cook until the milk is scalding. Remove from heat and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the eggs, flour and sugar. Mix using a whisk. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the milk. Add the vanilla extract and hot milk to the bowl containing the flour mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan and reheat on medium heat, mixing with a whisk, until it thickens (about 8 minutes).
- Divide the mixture between the tart moulds. Let set in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.