Mini Mac & Cheese Alfredo with spinach and light OKA — Week 10: Leftovers
Like myself, you’re probably ready for a break from big, rich meals.
As always at the end of the holidays, the refrigerator is overflowing with leftovers. What’s the best way to use them and avoid waste? This week, I propose mouth-watering mini mac & cheese.
A creamy Alfredo-style sauce lightened up with leftover spinach, light OKA cheese and parmesan. Simply delicious.
A very light and easy mac & cheese designed to revive your appetite.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a pot, melt the butter and soften the garlic.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure that the flour doesn’t brown.
- Gradually add the milk, beating with a whisk to obtain a smooth sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce thickens.
- Mix the spinach, light OKA cheese, half the parmesan and pasta into the sauce.
- Pour into individual dishes.
- Top with the rest of the parmesan and breadcrumbs previously mixed with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with crispy pancetta or shavings of parmesan, if desired.