Mini orange and cranberry snack loaf
Finding snack ideas for school is a major headache for parents. No nuts and peanuts, not too much fat, too much sugar or chocolate, not enough fiber... Need help? This mini snack loaf recipe is a nutritious solution for your little hungry and growing tummies! Plus, the rectangular shape is fun and suitable for children's small hands.
- In a bowl, soak the dried cranberries in milk for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place a rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baby cereal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and orange zest with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the mixture is smooth. At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture and cranberries.
- Pour the batter into mini loaf or sponge cake pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until the mini loaves are golden brown.
- Cool completely. Mini loaves will keep for five days at room temperature or two months in the freezer.