Nutty Mocha Ice Cream Bars
Delicious mocha ice cream bars with a coconut-chocolate coating dipped in roasted hazelnuts. An elegant treat for the summer heat!
Ice Cream Base
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the Natrel, cream, espresso, and sugar, stirring occasionally until it just starts to boil.
- Add the cornstarch-milk slurry and stir until slightly thickened.
- Pour over the cream cheese and whisk until it is well incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Add the Crème de Cacao and/or vanilla extract.
- To speed up the cooling process, pour into a gallon sized re-sealable bag and place over an ice bath to cool. Process according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Spoon your ice cream into your popsicle containers and stick a popsicle stick in the centre, making sure the stick is inserted quite deep into the bar.
- Allow to freeze solid before removing from the container (4-5 hours).
- Lay the bars on a tray lined with waxed paper and let freeze for another hour or two.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler and stir to combine well.
- Allow to cool until almost at room temperature.
- Pour the chocolate into a glass just larger then the diameter and height of your ice cream bar. Working quickly, dip the bar into the chocolate allowing it to cover the bar.
- Gently shake off any excess chocolate before placing the bar on a waxed paper and sprinkling on your topping of choice. Work fast as the chocolate will harden quickly. Place back in the freezer until ready to serve.