Peking duck Mac & Cheese with goat cheese and shitake mushrooms — Week 12: Asiamania
It’s no coincidence that we picked an Asian theme just in time for the Chinese New Year. This recipe is quite different from your typical American mac & cheese, but in fact, the sticky texture and sweet, spicy taste of Peking duck go perfectly with macaroni and cheese.
This delicious, aromatic dish is simply perfection. Macaroni, lightly coated with a béchamel sauce made with dried mushrooms, goat cheese and kale, and topped with panko-style breadcrumbs. Fantastic!
- In a pot, heat the oil and soften the garlic. Add the rehydrated mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Gradually add the water from the mushrooms and reduce until liquid is completely evaporated.
- Add the Natrel Lactose Free, beating with a whisk to obtain a smooth sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Mix the parmesan, the goat cheese and pasta into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the duck and green onions.