Roasted Chestnut, Carrot and Curry Soup
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Cut an ‘X’ into the chestnuts with a small serrated knife, making sure to slice deep enough past the shell.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The incisions in the chestnuts should open and peel back slightly.
- Let cool, then remove the shells and chop roughly.
- In a large saucepan, place olive oil, leek and garlic. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and the leeks have softened.
- Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Add chestnuts, spices, thyme and stock. Cook for 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Using a blender, puree until smooth. Add milk.
- Pour soup back into the saucepan over medium heat and cook until piping hot.
- Add a swirl of cream, sprinkle with smoked salt and thyme and serve.