S’mores-style lactose-free brownies
Get ready to relive pleasant times spent in nature with this delicious chocolaty dessert. No need for a fireplace to enjoy s’mores! Complete with toasted marshmallows and graham crackers, these brownies will delight the young and young-at-heart alike.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
GRAHAM CRACKER BASE PREPARATION
- Generously butter a 9-inch square pan. Melt the butter in a microwave. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and Natrel Lactose free butter. When well blended, spread mixture in bottom of pan. Use your hands to press it firmly into place. Bake for 13 minutes. Let cool.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and ¾ cup of Natrel Lactose Free Butter together. Stir well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until mixture turns pale. When mixture is thoroughly combined, stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Gradually add the flour and salt.
- Butter edges of pan containing graham crackers. Add brownie mixture to pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Immediately top brownies with the marshmallows. Place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, while closely monitoring. Let cool in pan. Remove from pan and cut brownies into squares. Enjoy!