Three ways to cook mushrooms
Three super tasty recipes to cook your mushrooms. They will steal the show at your next dinner party.
Cremini Mushrooms Roasted in Red Wine & Butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC).
- In a big bowl, combine mushrooms, red wine, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Transfer to a small baking dish.
- Serve as a side dish or on a grilled steak.
Portobellos Stuffed with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bocconcini Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC). In a large bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes, bocconcini and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Gently pull Portobello stems from caps and set aside. Brush mushroom caps with butter (both sides) and fill with tomato and cheese mixture. Place a stem in the centre of each.
- Place mushrooms on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake 12/15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are tender.
Mushrooms Sautéed in Butter & Oregano
- Wash mushrooms, dry well and cut in halves.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and sauté 7/8 minutes, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden brown. Add fresh oregano and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve right off the stove as a side dish for braised meats.