Ultra Delicious Mac & Cheese – Week 48: The Cheesiest
Over the past year, I’ve tried a number of deliciously different Mac & Cheese recipes. But I have to say that a recipe with lots of cheese takes the cake when it comes to comfort food.
For this week’s “The Cheesiest” theme, I decided to make a dish using cheeses that go well together and offer a variety of textures and flavours.
Cheddar and Gruyère for taste, and Tête de Moine for both texture and taste. Try it—you’ll love it!
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic. Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth. Mix in Dijon mustard and paprika. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Add half the cheese (except the Tête de Moine rosettes), then the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a baking dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with Tête de Moine rosettes.