Vanilla Cream Cake
A sweet and delicious lactose free vanilla dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour two 8 x 2 inch round cake pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with Natrel Lactose Free cream until combined. Mix for one minute on low speed to fully incorporate.
- Pour equal amounts of the cake batter into the greased and floured cake pans. Bake until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean – around 25 - 30 minutes. Do not overbake.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter at high speed for one minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add icing sugar until combined. Add the vanilla extract and the coffee cream and beat to combine.
- Once combined, beat the buttercream at high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Decorate as desired. See how to create your own cow cake here.