Skip to main content
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup Natrel Buttermilk, at room temperature
- ½ cup Natrel Fine-filtered milk 2%, at room temperature
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- ⅓ cup Natrel Lactose Free butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, etc.), optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk and milk. Set aside 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of the preparation.
- Put the flour, sugar and baking powder in an electric mixer bowl. Add the butter and mix until you obtain a sandy texture.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix well. The dough will be a little sticky. Add the fruit, if desired.
- Transfer the dough to a clean and floured surface and knead it by hand for a few minutes. Sprinkle some flour on your hands if necessary.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough evenly to a thickness of about 2.5 cm (1 inch). Form scones with a round cookie cutter. Repeat the operation until no more dough is left.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet and brush them with the liquid preparation you set aside. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the scones to cool on a rack.