Chocolate fudge pops are probably the summer classic that everybody loves. It would be a shame to miss out because of lactose intolerance.
We’ve thought of everything! Thanks to Natrel’s lactose-free cream and chocolate milk, you can now recreate this popular dessert in a lactose- and compromise-free version.
- 500 ml (2 cups) Natrel Lactose Free Chocolate 1%
- 250 ml (1 cup) Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup (more or less)
In a pot, off the heat, mix the Natrel Lactose Free Chocolate 1%, Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Bring to almost a simmer over medium heat, whisking continuously and scraping the bottom and sides of the pot. Heat for 5 minutes or until the consistency thickens.
At this stage, you can add maple syrup if you want for a slightly sweeter version similar to store-bought.
Pour into popsicle moulds. Freeze for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.