For several years, my grandmother made sure the holiday table was adorned with attractive pies. They were always perfectly made. I’m not reinventing the wheel with this chocolate ganache tart recipe, but I do think it’s a dessert that adapts perfectly to different tastes. Follow your instinct to decorate them. Go ahead and add bananas, strawberries or blueberries if that’s your heart’s desire. These tarts will be a festive hit with your guests.
For the tart dough
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup Natrel Lactose Free Butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Natrel Lactose Free 1%
- Egg yolk, beaten with a little Natrel Lactose Free 1%
- A pinch of salt
For the ganache
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⅓ cup Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup Natrel Lactose Free Butter, cut into small cubes
- Cranberries, Grated coconut, Pistachios, Salted caramel, Jam, Strawberries, Citrus slices
- Place all the ingredients for the dough, except for the beaten egg yolk, in a food processor. Mix until the texture resembles small peas. Remove from the bowl and divide into several disk-shaped portions using your hands. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Flour a work surface and roll out the dough disks. Line the tart moulds. Carefully prick the dough using a fork. Brush the edges of the tarts with the egg yolk. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the dough is lightly golden. Let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl. Set aside. In a pot, bring the cream and honey to a boil. Pour the sweetened cream mixture over the chocolate chips. Wait 2 minutes and then whisk until the texture is smooth. Add the butter and continue to whisk until incorporated.
- If desired, add some of your favourite jam or a little salted caramel to the bottom of the tarts. Divide the ganache between the tarts. Decorate with the ingredients of your choosing. Let cool and enjoy with a big glass of milk!