Surf ’n’ Turf is a classic 1970s dish that combines meat and seafood. We present you our revisited version of Surf'n'Turf with butter-poached lobster and grilled pork belly over pasta with Gruyère cheese.
- 375 g short pasta, cooked al dente
- ¼ cup Natrel Organic butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought lobster stock
- 2 cups Natrel Organic 2% milk
- 1 cup Natrel Lactose Free 35% cream
- 3 cups Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 450 g pork belly
- Smoked salt to taste
- 2 lobsters cooked in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, cooled and shelled (save shell to make lobster stock if desired)
- ½ cup Natrel Organic butter
- Chives to taste
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add lobster stock, milk, and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Add half the cheese, followed by the cooked pasta. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium and poach lobster pieces for about 5 minutes.
- Season pork belly slices with smoked salt. In another skillet, brown slices in a little butter and olive oil.
- When ready to serve, top Mac & Cheese with lobster, grilled pork, and chives.