Portuguese chicken is delicious all on its own, or served in a salad or tortilla—so why not in Mac & Cheese?
The juicy smoky chicken is basted with a spicy sauce of piri-piri, paprika, and garlic. In a Mac & Cheese with chorizo and Chèvre des Alpes goat cheese, it’s simply succulent!
- 375 G macaroni, cooked al dente
- ¼ CUP Natrel Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ CUP flour
- 3 CUPS Natrel Fine-Filtered 2% milk
- 1 CUP Natrel Lactose Free 35% cream
- 2 CUPS Manchego Agropur Import Collection cheese, grated
- 125 G Chèvre des Alpes goat cheese
- ¼ CUP black olives, sliced
- 3 green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Store-bought or homemade Portuguese chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- In the sauce, stir in Manchego, followed by the pasta and diced Portuguese chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a baking dish and cover with Chèvre des Alpes goat cheese, black olives, and green onions.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with diced Portuguese chicken (optional).