It is not complicated to master Hollandaise sauce. We have a foolproof homemade hollandaise sauce in the blender and a double boiler technique too. Either way, you will generously drizzle this Hollandaise sauce on your eggs benedict, salty pancakes and frittatas for a gourmet and unctuous touch.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 TBSP. lemon juice
- ½ CUP Natrel salted butter, melted and lukewarm (for the mixer version) or room temperature and cubed (for the double boiler version)
- Salt and ground pepper
- Warm the butter slowly.
- Pour the egg yolks and lemon juice into the blender bowl. Mix together for about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the warm butter into the blender on high power. The sauce will thicken quickly. Season with salt and pepper, and then blend again.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a double boiler.
Double boiler version
- In a heat-resistant mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Place the bowl in a double boiler filled with boiling water and whisk the yolks until you obtain a light, foamy cream. The mixture should thicken slightly.
- Add the cubes of butter one by one, continuing to whisk.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then add the lemon juice. Serve immediately.
- If you are preparing the recipe in advance, set it aside at room temperature. Just before serving, reheat a few seconds in the double boiler while whisking.