A marble smoothie is definitely more fun than a regular smoothie! To build the smoothie layers without any fuss, it’s important to have a thick, creamy consistency. Fortunately, it’s even easier when you use Natrel Plus 2% milk, which contains twice as much protein per serving as regular milk.
With frozen fruit and a little Natrel Plus, you can add your own creative touch by pouring smoothie layers into the glass and creating different marbled patterns with the back of a spoon. The only limit is your imagination!
One smoothie contains 27 g of protein. Enjoy as a satisfying snack or at breakfast to keep you fuelled up until your next meal!
For the blueberry smoothie:
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen blueberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) Natrel Plus 2%
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup (or to taste)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) white chia seeds
For the raspberry smoothie:
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) frozen raspberries
- 500 ml (2 cups) Natrel Plus 2%
- 1 banana
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup (or to taste)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) white chia seeds
- Homemade or store-bought granola
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, etc.), chopped
- Seeds (chia, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower, etc.)
- Fresh, frozen or dried fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, cherries, blackberries, dates, coconut, etc.)
- Fresh herbs (mint, basil, thyme, etc.)
In a blender, add all the ingredients from the “For the blueberry smoothie” section and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a measuring cup and set aside.
Rinse the blender and add all the ingredients from the “For the raspberry smoothie” section. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a measuring cup and set aside.
Pour part of the blueberry smoothie into the bottom of the glass and then top with part of the raspberry smoothie. Using the back of a spoon, lightly swirl the smoothie layers to create a marbled effect, as desired. Add the toppings of your choice for a smoothie that's both simple and elegant!