This French toast recipe is perfect for lazy mornings. You can prepare it the night before (or early in the morning for last-minute types) and baked directly in the oven, so you don’t have to cook each piece of toast in the pan, which will save you time and energy!
With Natrel Plus 2%'s 18 g of protein per 250 ml portion, you’ll stay full until lunchtime. Add raspberries and honey for a sweet touch and toasted pecans for some crunch. There’s honestly nothing better than all of this in the same bite!
- 4 eggs
- 430 ml (1 3/4 cup) Natrel Plus 2%
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vanilla extract
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (1 tsp.) ground nutmeg
- 8 slices white bread (preferably sliced thick), lightly toasted
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh raspberries
- 60 ml (1/4 tasse) crushed, toasted pecans
- Butter a 2-litre (8-cup) square or rectangular pan. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, Natrel Plus 2%, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the bread in an overlapping layer on a baking sheet. Pour the egg mixture and move the slices around gently so they are well coated. Cover with aluminum foil (see note).
- Put the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Bake for 20 minutes with the aluminum foil. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the raspberries and top with pecans.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.