This tasty breakfast sandwich is high in protein and guaranteed to satisfy. It’s easy to eat on the run or whip up in the morning when you want to snooze the alarm. It’s nutritious and will keep you full until lunchtime!
The breakfast sandwich gets its protein boost from Natrel Plus 2%. Even better, Natrel Plus’s naturally creamy texture makes the egg mixture soft and fluffy like a cloud.
For the egg mixture
- 12 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) Natrel Plus 2%
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the spicy mayonnaise
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) harissa
For the breakfast sandwich
- 12 whole wheat English muffins
- Choice of topping (cheese, ham, tomato, lettuce, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Put the rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12-count muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, Natrel Plus 2% and flour until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Pour the egg mixture into the 12 holes of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the mixture comes out clean. Let cool and remove the eggs.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the spicy mayonnaise.
- If necessary, reheat the eggs in the microwave for about 1 minute just before serving. Toast an English muffin. Spread the bottom of the English muffin with spicy mayonnaise, then put with eggs and any other ingredients. Place the top of the English muffin on the sandwich and enjoy.
The protein egg mixture can keep for 4 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer in a sealed container.