Who said muffins have to be sweet? This delicious bacon and cheddar muffin recipe is the perfect way to give your morning game an upgrade. Savoury bacon, a buttery, cheesy dough and the light taste of Natrel Lactose Free 2% work together to make these muffins the perfect treat for any breakfast!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Natrel Lactose free 2%
- ⅓ cup Natrel Lactose Free salted butter, melted
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ¼ cups grated lactose free cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Generously grease a muffin pan to prevent the cheese from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, Natrel Lactose Free 2%, butter, bacon and cheese together. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (lumps are okay). Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into the greased muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.