Smoothies sometimes (alright, often) save my life. My schedule means I am constantly on the go. When I am short on time, I like to mix up a fruity beverage. It doesn’t take long and it allows me to eat my three meals a day. The trick? I always have some frozen berries on hand. In just a few minutes, I have a filling beverage that will tie me over until dinnertime. When I want to make it a little fancier, I pour my smoothie in bowl. I then add all kinds of superfoods and eat it with a spoon. Chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds and rolled oats – it all works! It’s like eating a fruity soup for breakfast. Suddenly I am a happy little girl again.
- cups frozen mixed berries (strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 very ripe banana (can be frozen)
- 2 or 3 tbsp. maple syrup, to taste
- ¾ cup Natrel Lactose Free 1%
- 3 or 4 fresh mint leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Mix for about 5 minutes or until the texture is smooth and consistent.
- Pour the smoothie in a glass. Garnish with chia seeds, if desired. Add a few berries and a mint leaf for a pretty presentation and enjoy!