You can now make this popular drink at home at a fraction of the cost and with minimal ingredients!
Thanks to new Natrel Plus Vanilla 2%, your steamer will be like the real deal! Plus, it comes packed with 18 g of protein per 250 ml, which is way more than the store-bought vanilla steamer. Serve it with the topping of your choice: whipped cream, caramel, cocoa or cinnamon.
- 500 ml (2 cups) Natrel Plus Vanilla 2%
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey or maple syrup, to taste
Choice of topping
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) whipped cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) caramel
- Cocoa powder
- Ground cinnamon
- In a pot, on low heat, pour the Natrel Plus Vanilla 2% and optional honey or maple syrup. Bring to a simmer, making sure to increase the temperature gradually. Whisk frequently so that the Natrel Plus Vanilla 2% doesn’t burn and to prevent a thin layer of protein from forming on top.
- If you have a thermometer, make sure the temperature doesn’t exceed 60 °C to 70 °C.
- Using a mixer, whisk or milk frother, froth the Natrel Plus Vanilla 2%. Pour into a cup and top with whatever you want.
For best results, increase the heat for the Natrel Plus Vanilla 2% slowly and gradually, like when you froth milk for your coffee. Don’t heat it in the microwave because the thermal shock could denature the protein in our dairy beverage and form milk skin on the top. You want it creamy.