4 TO 6
- 1 ½ CUPS strawberries
- 1 CUP sugar
- ½ TBSP peppercorns (optional)
- 4 CUPS Natrel Fine-filtered 2% Milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
Chocolate ice cubes
- 2 CUPS Natrel Fine-filtered 2% Milk
- ½ CUP water
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TSP sugar
- ½ CUP semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bring strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and peppercorns to a boil. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes until slightly thickened. Strain through a mesh sieve and let cool completely.
- While the berries simmer, prepare the chocolate ice cubes: Bring all the ingredients to a low simmer in another pot, stirring constantly. When the chocolate is completely melted, pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- When ice cubes are frozen and syrup is chilled, place a few ice cubes in the bottom of a glass. Mix 2 cups of chilled milk and 2 tablespoons of syrup (or more, according to taste). Pour strawberry milk over the ice cubes.