Topped with a rich and creamy buttercream frosting , your cake will surely steal the show. Nobody can resist the appeal of mouth-watering luscious buttercream frosting.
- 1 cup Natrel Lactose Free Butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Natrel Lactose Free Butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups Natrel Lactose Free 2%
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar, cream, vanilla extract and salt. Use an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the boiling water, one tablespoon at a time, beating 30 seconds between each addition. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar for about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla, then add the reserved dry ingredients alternately with the Lactose-Free 2%. 6. Divide the cupcake batter into a muffin tin.
- Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, decorate with the buttercream frosting.