Nothing evokes summer like an ice cream sandwich, especially when it's homemade. With two cookies and a generous scoop of our lactose-free ice cream, the ice cream parlour will never be missed, whether you are lactose intolerant or not!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of raw pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup of Natrel Lactose Free butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 473 mL of Natrel Lactose Free ice cream, flavour of your choice.
- Preheat oven at 350 °F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form dough.
- Make 8 balls of dough, then flatten them to form cookies.
- Place cookies on a parchment-paper covered pan and cook for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Garnish the 4 cookies with Natrel lactose-free vanilla ice cream, then top with the 4 remaining cookies.
- To decorate the sandwiches, roll them in raspberry pieces or pistachio crumbs.