Velvety smooth and rich in taste, this red velvet Bundt cake is the perfect fluffy dessert that doesn’t skimp on decadence. Bake it with Natrel Fine-Filtered 2% Milk for a perfectly moist texture and top it off with cream cheese icing made with Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream for an all-around soft, smooth cake. No wonder it’s called red velvet.
- 2½ CUPS flour, sifted
- 1½ CUPS sugar
- ½ TSP. baking soda
- ½ TSP. salt
- 2 TBSP. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⅓ CUPS Natrel Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 CUP Natrel Fine-Filtered 2% Milk
- 2 TBSP. lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP. red food coloring
- 2 TSP. vanilla extract
Cream cheese icing Ingredients
- 1 CUP Natrel unsalted butter, softened
- 16 OZ. cream cheese, softened
- 4 CUPS icing sugar
- ⅓ CUP Natrel 35% Lactose Free Whipping Cream
- 1 TSP. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease or spray a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat together the butter, milk, lemon juice, eggs, food coloring and vanilla for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture in small batches, mixing until each addition is just combined. Do not overwork the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
Cream cheese icing preparation
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. On low speed, incorporate the icing sugar and cream, alternating, until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix on high for 30 seconds.
- Place the icing in a piping bag. For stiffer icing, refrigerate until ready to ice or let stand at room temperature for a runnier consistency.