Whether you need a pick-me-up or you just want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this heavenly dark chocolate mousse does the job. The secret ingredient to this rich, velvety dessert is Natrel Dark Chocolate Milk, for just enough sweetness. For lovers of dark chocolate, this recipe is ready to satisfy your craving!
For a delicious mousse that’s a bit less sweet, you can also make this recipe with our fine-filtered milk.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup Natrel Dark Chocolate Milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream, berries or edible flowers, to garnish
Taste the possibilities
- For a delicious mousse that’s a bit less sweet, you can also make this recipe with our fine-filtered milk.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. (To melt chocolate in the microwave, heat it for 30 seconds and stir well, then heat and stir in 15-second increments until melted.)
- In a saucepan, bring dark chocolate milk to a simmer, then pour into the melted chocolate. Whisk until combined.
- Add the egg yolk to the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- While still mixing, slowly add in the sugar. Beat until firm and shiny peaks form.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture and beat with a whisk until mixture lightens.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the rest of the egg white mixture into the chocolate.
- Pour mousse into 6 serving dishes and cool in the fridge for 2 hours, until set.