Skip to main content
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup Natrel Lactose Free Butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 14 small hard caramel candies (of the Werther’s original type)
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- Toast the pecans for about 5 minutes on a baking sheet. Allow to cool.
- Fry the bacon until it is golden brown. Chop it into pieces. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the nuts, chocolate and caramel candies. Set aside a little of the caramel and bacon to garnish the cookies.
- In an electric mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture swells, whitens and takes on a silky consistency. Add the egg and mix again.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and then add the bacon, pecans, chocolate and caramel. Mix just enough to blend evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- For each cookie, place a large tablespoon of dough on the baking sheet, taking care to keep them well spaced (the cookies will spread while baking). Flatten them just a little.
- Bake for 14 minutes (be careful not to overbake).
- Let the cookies cool down for a few minutes before enjoying.