- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp. water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (or 1 stick of cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups Natrel Fine-filtered 2% Milk
- ½ cup Natrel buttermilk
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a saucepan, bring blueberries, water, honey, cinnamon, lemon zest and juice to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook until thick and slightly reduced, approximately 20 minutes.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Whisk the cooled blueberry mixture with the milk, buttermilk, yogurt and sea salt. Pour into your ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream machine: pour into a freezer-safe bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove, beat vigorously with a whisk or spatula for 1 minute. Place in the freezer and repeat the same process twice. This helps insert air between the ice crystals, which prevents the sherbet from becoming too hard to scoop.