The most important ingredient to making the perfect chocolate chip cookie (besides chocolate) is butter. Use Natrel Unsalted Butter for that extra-tasty, just-buttery-enough flavour and enjoy a fresh batch of chocolate chunk cookies. Your favourite snack for a mid-afternoon tea or those midnight cravings.
- ⅔ cup Natrel Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 oz chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla together until texture is light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the chocolate until evenly spread throughout.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide cookie dough into 12 equal balls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place cookies onto baking pan and flatten them slightly to form disks. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes.