Our caramel tastes great on butter cookies, in buttery croissants, on a slice of buttered bread… Did you say butter?
- ½ CUP cane sugar
- ¼ CUP Natrel Lactose Free Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 CUP Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- Over medium heat, heat the sugar in a stainless steel pan, without stirring, until the sugar melts and caramelizes.
- Add the pieces of butter one by one. Pour in the cream, whisking vigorously to prevent lumps from forming.
- When the preparation is homogeneous, continue cooking for 5 minutes, and then remove it from the heat. The caramel will have thickened, but will still be liquid. If it is cooked enough, it will harden as it cools.
- Pour it into a small glass container and let it cool.