Mochaccinos are as cozy and comforting as your favourite winter blanket. This sweet, hot drink is the perfect way to warm up after enjoying the great outdoors!
Some people like to make it with chocolate syrup. Others prefer to pour hot espresso over pieces of chocolate and let them melt. It’s amazing with or without alcohol! We’ve put together this deliciously decadent recipe that’s great on its own, or can be enjoyed with a twist (we give our suggestions below).
Natrel Plus makes all the difference in our mochaccino. It froths beautifully without any need for an expensive frother. Just pour the desired amount of milk into a jar, heat for one minute in the microwave, put the lid on and shake vigorously for one minute. It’s that easy!
- 30 g (about 4 squares) of milk or dark chocolate
- 30 ml (1 shot) of espresso
- 250 ml (1 cup) Natrel Plus 2%
- Cocoa powder, for sprinkling on top
- Melt chocolate for one minute in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time. Pour chocolate into a glass or mug.
- Grind 18 g of espresso beans and make a short double espresso. Pour over chocolate.
- Pour cold Natrel Plus 2% into a jar or milk pitcher. Froth according to your preferred method until it reaches about 140 °F or 60 °C.
- Pour the hot Natrel Plus into a cup until it’s about two-thirds full.
- Spoon in one third of the foam. Sprinkle with cocoa.
- To make your drink even more festive, add 30 ml (one ounce) of amaretto, cream liqueur, maple liqueur or gin syrup.