For your next dessert, try this fragrant, wonderfully fresh orange cake that strikes the perfect balance between a zesty orange taste and a light, moist texture. The sweet dessert will rival any glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, and when baked with Natrel Lactose Free Butter , it makes the perfect snack to share with the family (or to keep all to yourself).
8 TO 10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 lievito vanigliato (baking powder with vanilla)
- 1 cup Natrel Lactose Free Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest or zest of 2 oranges
- ½ cup Natrel Lactose Free 2%
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. Natrel 35% Lactose Free Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, salt and vanilla baking powder together. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer. Add the whole eggs, egg yolks and orange zest. Mix until smooth.
- Combine the Natrel Lactose Free and lemon juice together in a bowl. On low speed, slowly incorporate all the ingredients into the butter mixture by alternating between the milk mixture, dry ingredients and orange juice.
- Transfer the mixture to the Bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool slightly. Gently remove the cake from the mould and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and let sit 10 minutes.