This creamy and flavorful soup is a great start to any meal!
4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 small shallots
- 1 ½ TBSP corn starch
- 2 TBSP water
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 CUPS sliced mushrooms - Portobello, cremini, white, king oyster and/or shiitake
- 1 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ½ TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ½ CUPS Natrel Lactose Free 2%
- In a medium to large pot, place olive oil and shallots. Cook over medium-high heat until shallots become translucent.
- In a small bowl, make a slurry with corn starch and water. Set aside.
- Add thyme and mushrooms to the large pot and sauté until mushrooms have browned. You may have to add the mushrooms one cup at a time.
- Add stock, garlic, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, corn starch slurry, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then cover.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, then discard bay leaves.
- In a blender or with an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Add Natrel Lactose Free 2% and reheat.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.