Skip to main content
- ¼ CUP Natrel butter
- ¼ CUP Flour
- 3 CUPS Natrel Fine-filtered 2% milk
- 1 CUP Natrel Lactose free 35% cream
- 4 CUPS grated cheese of your choice (cheddar, parmesan, gouda, mozzarella, etc).
- Spices and herbs, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour.
- Stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown. Add milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spices and herbs (nutmeg, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, etc.) to enhance the flavours.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and add the grated cheese little by little to obtain a smooth and creamy sauce.