- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Natrel Organic Butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces
- Fresh herbs to garnish before baking
- Put the flour, parmesan, rosemary, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Add the pieces of butter and pulse several times to obtain a sandy consistency. Continue pulsing until you get a uniform consistency (add ½ tbsp. of water if required).
- On a clean surface, shape the dough into a ball and cover it in plastic wrap. Let it stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is about 1 cm (½ inch) thick. If desired, place fresh herb leaves (basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, etc.) on top of the dough and roll it in slightly until evenly blended.
- Make biscuits from the dough using a round cookie cutter. Repeat the operation until no more dough is left.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool for a few minutes on a rack. The biscuits will harden as they cool.