We love dips that are deliciously simple and high in protein!
This veggie dip—made with white beans and Natrel Plus 3.25%—is the perfect match for your favourite vegetables, chips, bread or cured meats. Not only is it easy to prepare, it’s an excellent healthy and nutritious choice. The protein in this recipe is a major plus, giving the dip a smooth and creamy texture.
- 1 can of white beans (540 ml or 19 oz), rinsed and drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) Natrel Plus 3.25%
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh chives or 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried chives (or dried herbs of your choice)
- Vegetables of your choice
- Chips of your choice
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, blend all of the ingredients except the chives until smooth and well blended. Add more Natrel Plus 3.25% to obtain the desired consistency (see note). Add a generous helping of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Add the chives and mix well. Spoon the dip into a serving dish or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and chips.
Depending on the firmness of the white beans and desired consistency of the dip, you may need to add more Natrel Plus. Start with 125 ml (½ cup) of Natrel Plus, then adjust the texture by adding 15 ml (1 tbsp.) at a time.
The dip can be kept 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.