This quick and easy lactose free creamy dressing pairs wonderfully with the orzo salad’s fresh and summery flavours. Don’t be put off by the Dukkah spice blend- it is easy to make and extremely versatile, adding a huge flavour punch to any recipe!
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP cumin seeds
- 1 TBSP coriander seeds
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 CUP orzo
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 CUP roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ CUP chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ CUP chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 2 TBSP Dukkah
Lactose Free Dressing
- 1 CUP Natrel Lactose Free 1%
- 1 TBSP grainy honey mustard
- 2 TSP maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TSP ground cumin
- ½ TSP ground coriander
- 2 TSP garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 TSP cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp cold Natrel Lactose Free 1% until no lumps remain)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with the olive oil, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and salt. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring to move the florets around halfway through. The cauliflower florets should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring Natrel Lactose Free, mustard, maple syrup, lemon zest, juice, cumin, coriander, and garlic to a simmer.
- Once the mixture is almost at a boil, crack the egg in a medium-sized bowl and temper it by slowly incorporating the Natrel Lactose Free mixture, whisking constantly. Pour back into the saucepan over medium heat. Add the cornstarch mixture. Whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse the starch off before setting aside to ensure the grains don’t stick together. Allow to cool.
- Reserve about 2 to 4 tbsp each of the roasted cauliflower, pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts and parsley.
- Mix the rest of these ingredients in a large bowl and add the dressing and dukkah. Add the chives and serve. Garnish each serving with the reserved items.