Here’s one of our most popular recipes: a giant protein pancake to share, made from Natrel Plus Chocolate. With 18 g of protein per 250 ml serving, our chocolatey dairy product can boost your breakfast’s nutritional value while creating a rich and melt-in-your-mouth pancake.
You can easily double (or halve!) this recipe to prepare protein pancakes in advance. Just cut the giant pancake into pieces, freeze and reheat in the toaster for breakfast on the go.
For the chocolate protein pancake
- 500 ml (2 cups) Natrel Plus Chocolate 2%
- 125 ml (½ cup) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) melted butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vanilla extract
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) salt
- 375 g (1½ cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cacao
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- Fruit of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 °C (425 °F). Put the rack in the middle of the oven. Cover a 13 x 18 inch sheet pan with parchment paper or a reusable baking sheet.
- Pour these ingredients into your blender in the following order: Natrel Plus Chocolate 2%, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, salt, flour, cacao and baking powder. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Scrape off any flour stuck to the sides of the blender.
- Pour the batter onto the sheet pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the pancake comes out clean.
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.