Cinnamon buns – light, delicately flavoured pastries baked to golden-brown perfection – are simply delicious when covered in icing.
- 2½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm Natrel Fine-Filtered 2% Milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup Natrel unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 room-temperature eggs
- 4½ cups flour
For the filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Natrel unsalted butter, softened
For the icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt, eggs and lastly the flour and combine well.
- Knead the dough and shape it into a ball, then place in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 1 hour in an unheated oven with the oven light on. The dough should double in size.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into the shape of a 40 x 50 cm rectangle. Brush with 1/3 cup of butter, then sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Roll up the dough to form a cylinder, then slice it into 12 equal-size pieces. Arrange the 12 rounds on a greased 25 x 38 cm (10 x 15 in.) cookie sheet. Cover with a damp cloth and let rest again for 30 minutes, until the dough has nearly doubled in size.
- Next preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Bake the buns for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- While they are baking, combine the icing ingredients in a small bowl. Spread the icing on the buns when you remove them from the oven and serve warm.