A cream cheese so creamy and smooth you’ll be surprised it came from your own kitchen.
- 2 cups of Natrel Lactose Free 3.25%
- 2 cups of Natrel Lactose Free 35% Cream
- ½ tbsp. fine sea or kosher salt
- ½ tbsp. white vinegar
- Fine-mesh sieve
- In a saucepan, combine Natrel Lactose Free 3.25%, cream and salt. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from scorching. When it’s boiling, remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Let cool completely.
- While the mixture cools, place 4 large layers of cheesecloth in a fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl. The sieve shouldn't touch the bottom of the bowl to allow the whey to drain.
- Pour the cooled mixture into the sieve. Place in the fridge and allow to strain overnight. In the morning, scrape the cheese from the cheesecloth into a bowl and whisk well so it's creamy and smooth. Scoop into a sealable jar.