Whether poured over a cake, served in a pie crust or used as a garnish for an eclair, a well-made ganache is a touch more to an exquisite dessert.
- 1 cup Natrel lactose free butter
- 1 ⅓ cups unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 ⅓ cups brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup almond powder
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 100 ml Natrel lactose free 1%
- Zest of one orange
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
- ¼ cup Natrel Lactose free 35% Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate until you get a homogeneous texture.
- Beat the brown sugar and eggs for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is frothy. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, almond powder and baking powder, then pour all of it over the egg mixture.
- Add the chocolate and melted butter. Mix everything together until you get a homogeneous texture. Gradually add the milk, then the orange zest.
- Coat a cake pan with melted butter.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan, then tap it lightly on the work surface to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes (baking time may vary depending on the oven). Push the tip of a knife into the middle of the cake to verify that it is cooked. It must come out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before gently unmolding the cake onto a rack, and then let it cool completely.
- Bring the cream to a boil. Add the icing sugar and chocolate. Mix with a spatula until you get a homogeneous texture.
- Place the cake on a rack with a baking sheet underneath. Pour the icing over the cake all at once.